Lupita Nyong'o Named People's Most Beautiful Woman: Do You Agree?

By Zachary Rowell, in Celebrities
8 years ago

Close

Stats

Perfect choice!
81%

Terrible choice!
19%

People magazine has named Lupita Nyong'o the most beautiful woman in the world for 2014. The 31-year-old actress, who won an Oscar for her role in 12 Years a Slave, was shocked when she got the call from People.

“It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. And especially, I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.”

The editorial director for the magazine, Jess Cagle, explained why the magazine named Lupita the most beautiful woman in the world.

“She is fantastic. Obviously, she is the Oscar winner for 12 Years a Slave, raised in Kenya. She is the new celebrity ambassador for Lancôme Paris, along with Julia Roberts and Penélope Cruz. She’s kind of all the rage.

There was really no contest this year. She seemed like the only choice. Usually there’s a lot of debate; this time, we were all in agreement. She’s obviously talented, obviously beautiful, she is incredibly stylish, but the way she carries herself with such grace and such humility, I think it’s what put her over the top.”

What do you think, folks? Do you agree with the decision?